ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MIDI to MP3

<< < (2/4) > >>

icezone:
- you can say that again:
>"Depending on your CPU, conversion will be 100x faster than real-time recording"<
 :up:
-Curt (December 30, 2009, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

This program uses built-in software syntesizer and support multi-core CPUs. Not sure about 100x, but 5 min. MIDI track converted within 12 seconds on my Core2 Duo 8400.

slowmaker:
I used WinAmp for this in the past; it converted my midis to wavs, then another prog (dbpoweramp I think it was called), converted the wavs to mp3s. Two stage process, not speedy, but free and mostly hands-off operation.

I think current versions still support it, or at least the portable version did last time I tried it. If it's like it used to be, you have to fiddle with the settings a bit (setting output to be a midi plugin, or some such thing), but once it's set, you're golden. Set the output directory, shove all the titles into a playlist, and let it 'play' them all into wav's.

It's realtime, so it can't compete with the speeds mentioned above unless WinAmp has added some new capabilities to the plugin or whatever it was. 

YMMV; as I recall, WinAmp was also very quirky and a wee bit buggy, so I did have to occasionally adjust the playlists to skip problem midi's that crashed it for some reason.

joiwind:
Thanks for the suggestions - I'm trying Switch Sound File Converter, the demo (free) version allows converting one file at a time and the paid version allows batches, it's not bad at all.

Happy New Year !

shobazi:
Try this one - "AVS Audio Converter" is a Midi to Mp3 Converter which is a Freeware

joiwind:
Thanks for that shobazi - good find.

I've searched here for posts about the AVS firewall, have you tried it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version