ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Open Menu

<< < (2/12) > >>

JavaJones:
That's beautiful - create the standard and the site, and let people get creative with how to use the data. Awesome. Well I'll gladly do my part both in local promotion (I live in SF and have some restaurant connections here, plus I work at a culinary school), and in feedback and ideas. I suggest you setup a Redmine account ASAP. :D

- Oshyan

Veign:
The only downfall now is there is no UI tool for creating a menu using the specification.  That's something I will be working on next.  I'm hoping I can get this up and running in a week - going to try for Jan 1st but not sure I can make it.

Perry Mowbray:
I'm hoping I can get this up and running in a week - going to try for Jan 1st but not sure I can make it.
-Veign (December 28, 2009, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: Of course you can!!!  :)

fenixproductions:
2Veign
Very neat idea but I see few things missing:

* From customer's point of view it would be really nice to see min/max waiting time for meals to be served. Sometimes I have limited time (lunch break) and I would rather be planning in advance my time spent.
* It may also raise the need for ORF (Open Recipe Format) but it would also be good to see some basic meal info, like calories (I might be on diet) or ingredients (allergic to peanuts or just hate carrots) it is made off.

Veign:
2Veign
Very neat idea but I see few things missing:

* From customer's point of view it would be really nice to see min/max waiting time for meals to be served. Sometimes I have limited time (lunch break) and I would rather be planning in advance my time spent.
* It may also raise the need for ORF (Open Recipe Format) but it would also be good to see some basic meal info, like calories (I might be on diet) or ingredients (allergic to peanuts or just hate carrots) it is made off.-fenixproductions (December 29, 2009, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

The calories is a great idea.  I don't think ingredients makes sense in the spec but some sort of allergy information / vegetarian flag would be.

Modified the specification to include three new fields:
- vegetarian
- calories
- allergy information

These three fields are attached to a menu item.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version