ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Open Menu

<< < (6/12) > >>

Veign:
Open Menu Search:
http://openmenu.com/search/

Check out what will be the first search engine for locating restaurants serving the food you're looking to eat.  This is still an extremely early release populated with about 30K restaurants and about 2.5 million menu items.

Check it out and let me know what you think.  Feedback always welcomed.

cranioscopical:
Looks as if it's going to be a very neat thing.
At the moment it's weighted to urban settings: using the postal code of a Toronto suburb, the listings are for downtown Toronto.

Veign:
The conversion from a postal code to a location is performed by Google.   There may be issues where the returned results go into neighborhoods and such.  This is something that will be refined over time.

The Open Menu Format can let you drill down to a suburb or neighborhood so the limitation is in how someone would use the results from the API (which is being developed so other developers can create tools like Open Menu Search).

Veign:
@chris - Can you send me the postal code so I can file it for review when I get some time.  Also, when you send it please send me how the locals refer to the location - what I should be looking for from the results from a Geocode.  Use PM if you don't want to make the information public.

Thanx.

JavaJones:
Very cool, I'll check it out. Sorry I haven't responded to your emails. Will do shortly. :)

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version