ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Weather Monitor Tool

There aren't many great choices for weather software

<< < (2/5) > >>

superboyac:
Geez!  What's going on?  I tried reinstalling .net 2.0 and before it even starts the install process it crashes with a dialog titled "external installer".  What the hell?!  My computer is ruined!

Stoic Joker:
Well, the weather app is off the hook... Your .Net is borked. I can't find the link at the moment, but MS has a tool out that's designed to fix (those types of) .NET issues (I'm assuming it errors out if you try uninstalling it also ...Yes?).

I'll try to find the direct link later, but I got to the MS download by googling the .NET 2.0 uninstall failure error message.

superboyac:
I think I remember a tool used to uninstall .Net versions.  I used it once at work I think.  OK, I'll look for it.

superboyac:
Thanks Stoic.  It's fixed now.

Well!  I like Meteo Fusion a lot!  if anyone cares, meteo gets my nod of approval.  It's simple and gives all the information I care for.  Temperature, forecast, chance of rain, that's pretty much it.  If you don't care about satellite images, realtime updates, etc. (i.e. you are a normal person who is not a career meteorologist) then this is the best program I've come across.  It's free also.

It has a pretty nice system tray icon, and it has a great looking desktop gadget with all the pertinent information.  And the desktop gadget has a great feature which allows you to lock it in place, so when you are clicking around and working, you won't accidentally select it or move it.  Incidentally, this is the same feature I've requested in the past for mouser's launchbar commander (hint, hint!) [although that was before he added the fabulous under-mouse hotkey feature...but I digress].

So, joiwind, great suggestion!  That was clutch!  That's why I love this place.

tide:
I use Aeris Calendar (http://www.aeriscalendar.com/). I got it for the calendar features but it's nice to have its nice weather monitoring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version