ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: perform random URL queries (Random Submitter)

<< < (12/12)

Muadib:
Ok. I'm completely convinced by Scott about the importance of using RandomSubmitter (thanks mouser for another useful software :Thmbsup:), but I have some questions related to its use, that I would like to show to you, mouser. Let's see:

1. Can you include, please, any additional information about the parameters in RandomSubmitter. Per example, in the existent README.txt you says "use $RANDFILE$ in url (or post,referrer) to replace with a random line from the Rand File.", but when I put $RANDFILE$ in the "Optional Post" I receive a message of "Error submitting to internet." in the log window. Am I doing something wrong, or it's necessary to include anything more?

2. Can you provide additional examples for using it with Yahoo and other search engines, please?

3. Is it possible to randomise the submittion, rather than having every exact X minutes? I read that Scott is running it through a script to have that, but I was wondering if it's too much hassle to do it in the program, instead?

Thank you both for the idea (knowledge is power!  :)) and for the solution to the problem.

All the best.

mouser:
More evidence that Scott, who requested "Random Submitter" back in early 2005, was a visionary ahead of his time:

A new program featured on BoingBoing today:
AntiPhormLite confounds BT's spyware by simulating random browsing

kartal:
this is also good way to keep your connection alive I guess

kartal:
My only worry about this AntiPhormLite software is that I hope that they are not making money out of this random visits (sounds unethical). Because this may make it look like people are visiting this web sites thus generates profit for
this company?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version