ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

PDF Cataloger - Any Suggestions

(1/4) > >>

bob99:

Over time I have collected or created a number of PDF's.  Work and non-work related, each in a variety of categories.  I try to set-up and keep each in it's own category folder.  After a while I still end up looking through the different folders, sometimes drives, for a PDF I know I've saved.
Anyone know of an app that will allow me to catalog PDF's? Set up titles, keywords or tags, etc for each for easier retrieval.  I am using PDFCreator and Foxit Reader at present.  I have tried a variety of search phrases on DC and web for a PDF catalog and nothing so far.  Am I missing something obvious?  Thx.

tomos:
here'S one possibility:-
BenuBird Pro is now freeware! - also mentioned elsewhere here
not a user myself btw (I have no need)

joiwind:
You could try Tag2Find - I use it all the time, very good indeed.

40hz:
I have a large collection of technical papers in TXT and PDF format. I'm currently using a free (donation requested) app called Calibre to keep them organized.

Note: This app was primarily designed for managing e-books, so it also has a bunch of features (e-book device support, multi-format conversions, news downloads, etc.) which I don't use. I can't personally vouch for all the things it claims it can do. But for what I do use it for, it's worked like a champ.

Link: http://calibre-ebook.com  

bob99:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will check them out.  I had even commented on BenuBird in the thread tomos references.  So much for MY memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version