ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alternatives to Daemon Tools?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Deozaan:
I used to use Alcohol and PowerISO until I found the freeware Gizmo Central with Gizmo Drive. Now I just use Gizmo Central. I'm running it on Windows 7 right now with no problems.

http://arainia.com/software/gizmo/

Gizmo Central also has a useful Gizmo Hasher which calculates and compares a variety of checksums.

Actually it has more than that, too. Such as a Scripter which I think is kind of like AHK. An Editor, and a database thingy.

I only use Gizmo Drive and Gizmo Hasher, so I can't really comment on the other 3.

f0dder:
It's a simple matter of right-click->Quick Mount and then double-click the ISO to access the files via Explorer/DOpus.  Applications can directly access the files in the ISO but will have to save any changes to somewhere else, (as is the case for a real CD/DVD ROM).-4wd (December 21, 2009, 10:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Are you 100% sure it doesn't either extract the files temporarily from the ISO, or actually does install a driver?

y0himba:
I gotta second Elby Virtual Clone Drive.  :Thmbsup:  I own Daemon Tools Pro but haven''t used it in 6 months or so since trying Virtual Clone Drive.

f0dder:
Just checked out Pismo File Mounter in a virtual machine, here's from the install log:
2009-12-22 13:52:57.691  Copying file "C:\Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pfmap-154.exe\pfmfs.sys" to "C:\WINXP\system32\Drivers\pfmfs_359.sys".
--- End quote ---

4wd:
Just checked out Pismo File Mounter in a virtual machine, here's from the install log:-f0dder (December 22, 2009, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, I didn't say it didn't install a driver :)

I just pointed out how it worked.  With the SDK you could write modules for all kinds of archive/image access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version