ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to stop junk [snail] mail?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
We would have put a notice on the letter box, but local kids get paid for delivery...

so we put the recycling bin next to the letter box and it's easy to deal with  :D

40hz:
Wish we had a sticker system like that in the US. Unfortunately, our postal service is legally required to deliver all the mail it accepts to the addressee if humanly possible.

You could try using the Direct Marketing Association opt-out service (dmachoice.org).

I used it, and it did reduce much (but not all) of the junk I was getting.

Worth a try anyway.

4wd:
You should be able to charge them fees for storage of the material until they come and collect it if you didn't request it.

You've got nothing to lose by sending off an invoice to one of the companies sending the sh!t to you - just make sure you've kept it all if they want it back :)

Stoic Joker:
I usually just send company A's junk-mail to company B, in company C's self-addressed/stamped envelope.

This way I get to waste their time too ;)

superboyac:
I usually just send company A's junk-mail to company B, in company C's self-addressed/stamped envelope.

This way I get to waste their time too ;)
-Stoic Joker (December 22, 2009, 06:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ha!  Funny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version