topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Windows Install Date Thingie: I made it!  (Read 97137 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows Install Date Thingie: I made it!
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28 PM »

How does the program calculate time since reboot?  The elapsed time shown may be correct for my laptop if we're talking about user-initiated reboot; but Windows OS automatically rebooted my machine sometime in the past two days, after updates were downloaded and installed...

I think the install date is off there too :tellme:
IIRC others had problems getting correct calculations for time since last reboot
Tom

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Ralf Maximus, the developer has been MIA for a couple of years now, at least where DC is concerned. I did e-mail him a while back to see how he was doing. He responded that he missed DC but that he's been too busy to visit...

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Just ran fine for me on Windows 7 a few minutes ago - except for the pop-up a few minutes later saying Windows thinks the program was installed incorrectly.  ;D  Weird since it doesn’t actually install to Windows!

Can't say if the "Born on" date was correct exactly, but it was close IIRC. The last reboot matched my "Tray Up Time" last reboot measurement except it is exactly one hour more, which I attribute to Daylight Savings Time being in effect. (Can anyone tell me WHY we even still use that now?)

Jim

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2011, 05:50 PM »
I got the same pop-up from Windows about a possible installation problem.  That's obviously a Windows bug.  I've had Windows do that before with other non-installing executables I've run.