ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Teaser: Crush MCP (Master Control Program)

<< < (3/11) > >>

JavaJones:
I love the idea of an app startup logging program. If you can make hashes of each exe and track last startup, last changes to exe, etc. that would be even cooler. A long-term look at all this info, then make it exportable as a CSV and we can run some analysis on it, get some nice pie charts going and hey presto, unintended (but awesome) result is a graph of system update activity, system app load history, etc. Fun stuff. I like!

- Oshyan

Crush:
A Hash on all of these programs is no problem, but it´s very time consuming. I´ll take a look what´s possible.

JavaJones:
Hash should probably be optional, but would definitely be a nice and important feature IMO. Thanks for taking our input! I love the evolutionary app design process. :)

- Oshyan

Crush:
A friend tested MCP yesterday on Windows XP professional. He wasn´t able to see any text in the windows. They should be instantly filled with texts.
Perhaps someone with XP could load the executable and write some lines about its behaviour?
[attachurl=#1][/attachurl]

Stoic Joker:
XP was VPC which started to ignore mouse input the instant I ran the program. I launched it using keyboard to get the error:

XP = This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

Win 7 x64 = The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

App Log Source-SideBySide EventID 33

Activation context generation failed for "W:\Documents\= ALL Downloads =\MCP.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version