ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Parallel proxy transfer software

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
Ok, I am a bit confused, what else should I explain?
-electronixtar (December 21, 2009, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Which software is involved :)

There isn't really anything the proxy in and by itself can do to help you out, here - as long as it supports multiple concurrent connections. It's up to the client and server software on each ends of the proxy to do the parallel transfers.

Oh btw, BitTorrent is way faster in UDP, perhaps you are choosing the wrong client  :P-electronixtar (December 21, 2009, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, I haven't seen peer-to-peer data transfers via UDP with BitTorrent? I thought UDP communications were limited to trackerless peer exchange and such, and not the actual data transfers?

Anyway, I'm getting 2MB/s with regular TCP connections on my 20Mbit line, so... :)

electronixtar:
There isn't really anything the proxy in and by itself can do to help you out
-f0dder (December 21, 2009, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am looking for this kind of software. Thus this post.  :-[

Anyway, I'm getting 2MB/s with regular TCP connections on my 20Mbit line, so...
--- End quote ---

:o I am so jealous

f0dder:
--- End quote ---
I am looking for this kind of software. Thus this post.
-electronixtar (December 21, 2009, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
And I'm saying it can't be done without client+server support :). If you're talking HTTP connections, then something could be done - the proxy could split client requests into multiple server requests with varying content-length... but that wouldn't buy you very much, and if the bottleneck is between client->proxy, then it buys you nothing at all.

Anyway, I'm getting 2MB/s with regular TCP connections on my 20Mbit line, so... -f0dder (December 21, 2009, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am so jealous
--- End quote ---
:)

I started with a 512/128 line, and switched to 4096/256 when I figured out it was only $20/month more expensive. Since that, my ISP has been doubling my speed every now and then... too bad I've pretty much hit the limit of what ADSL2+ offers, hope they'll start reducing price soon, or move me to VDSL :P

electronixtar:
--- End quote ---
I am looking for this kind of software. Thus this post.
--- End quote ---
And I'm saying it can't be done without client+server support :). If you're talking HTTP connections, then something could be done - the proxy could split client requests into multiple server requests with varying content-length... but that wouldn't buy you very much, and if the bottleneck is between client->proxy, then it buys you nothing at all.

Anyway, I'm getting 2MB/s with regular TCP connections on my 20Mbit line, so... -f0dder (December 21, 2009, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am so jealous
--- End quote ---
:)

I started with a 512/128 line, and switched to 4096/256 when I figured out it was only $20/month more expensive. Since that, my ISP has been doubling my speed every now and then... too bad I've pretty much hit the limit of what ADSL2+ offers, hope they'll start reducing price soon, or move me to VDSL :P
-f0dder (December 21, 2009, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes a client+server pair is needed. My remote server can prefetch http resources fast enough, it's just the proxy -> me part is slow if using a normal HTTP proxy.

f0dder:
You mention reverse proxy - does this mean the proxy does connect-back to the client machine, rather than the client connecting to the proxy? If this is the case, the client probably isn't a standard web browser :)

If it's a regular HTTP client, like a browser, then there's not much more you can do on the proxy side, though - the client needs to be tweaked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version