ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New (Feb 1 2011) "Starter" Editions of Delphi and C++ Builder

<< < (5/5)

fenixproductions:
I wonder is this sale the part of some bigger plan for resurrecting whole IDE or just last effort before sinking. Embarcadero has been sleeping for a long time and some developers moved on to VS or Lazarus. How is it supposed to get them back?

Well, even Christian Ghisler is rewriting Total Commander for Lazarus.

wraith808:
I wonder is this sale the part of some bigger plan for resurrecting whole IDE or just last effort before sinking. Embarcadero has been sleeping for a long time and some developers moved on to VS or Lazarus. How is it supposed to get them back?

Well, even Christian Ghisler is rewriting Total Commander for Lazarus.
-fenixproductions (February 05, 2011, 10:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think they're anywhere near sinking.  There are still quite a few entrenched areas that just I know of with huge contracts, that are in government agencies, which aren't known for change.  It's just hard for individual developers to make a living off of it, since the places that I know that are entrenched are the types of places where people stay forever.

And it's not really a "sale" so much as another SKU in a different vertical- it would seem that they are trying to reach out to the developers they eschewed with the destruction of the turbo editions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version