ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

TinyHacker.com from the How-To Geek: Recommends our Coding Snacks section

(1/1)

mouser:
Very nice item on a cool site i hadn't heard about before (TinyHacker.com), about our Coding Snacks section:

The Coding Snacks forum within the DonationCoder.com site is a breeding ground of new ideas for tiny, open source apps. Read through some of the previous entries and post one of your ideas you’d like to see implemented.

--- End quote ---

http://tinyhacker.com/hacks/do-you-have-an-idea-for-a-tiny-app-visit-donationcoder/

Tiny Hacker is related to the "How-To Geek" site, a very cool place.

housetier:
There is a comment now that says we force people to sign up. I wanted to rebut it but couldn't find the right words to explain how it works. All my attempts sounded too harsh...

Target:
actually it doesn't quite say that it, it says the poster thought DC was closed source donationware (clearly he hasn't spent much time here...)

mouser:
i posted a comment reply:
"Thanks for writing about the coding snack section on our site -- it's definitely one of the things we have the most fun doing.

-mouser (donationcoder.com)

ps.
Casey, we have a bunch of very large commercial-grade closed source applications on our site that do require signing up to obtain a free license.  But the coding snacks section programs are all free for download by anyone, require no signup, and usually come with source code."

housetier:
ah now it is much clearer to me as well.

very good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version