ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Piggy Banks

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Can you add a date check so that if fund line item X is a day (or so) behind its goal it changes color and/or resorts itself to the top of the list? (gentile reminder sort of thing)

skwire:
is there any value in incorporating some sort of debit field to this?
I realise this is venturing into the realms of ledgers and the like but it seems like sometimes you might want/need to legitimately debit a fund.  I realise you could do this by modifying the kitty, but there's no details of the transaction so you won't know the who/when/why - this may not be important, but it was one of the first things I thought of when i saw mousers original post
-Target (December 17, 2009, 11:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I think this might be a bit out of scope for this little app. 

Can you add a date check so that if fund line item X is a day (or so) behind its goal it changes color and/or resorts itself to the top of the list? (gentile reminder sort of thing)
-Stoic Joker (December 18, 2009, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

To clarify for me, you would like some notification that a fund is about to be met, right?

Stoic Joker:
-Stoic Joker (December 18, 2009, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

To clarify for me, you would like some notification that a fund is about to be met, right?
-skwire (December 18, 2009, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not quite, I was thinking it might be nice to draw attention to a fund that has been missed. So if yesterday's deposit wasn't made it would gently remind the user by changing color, or re-sorting, or something like that.

Just a thought
Stoic Joker

skwire:
Not quite, I was thinking it might be nice to draw attention to a fund that has been missed. So if yesterday's deposit wasn't made it would gently remind the user by changing color, or re-sorting, or something like that.
-Stoic Joker (December 18, 2009, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I gotcha.  The app automatically assumes you will put the money into the envelope, so to speak.  It just computes a current fund total and completion date based off of the provided numbers.

MilesAhead:
I'm not certain that the intention of this app is to be a hardcore planner or predictor of prices.  If the price of an item comes down, one can easily change the target goal amount, no?  Is this along the lines of what you meant?
-skwire (December 17, 2009, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

What I meant was if the item price variation could be projected, then you could set it and forget it.  IOW, what's the point of having a planner where you keep adjusting the parameters?  Just use a calculator.   If the inflation/deflation factor is not predictable then 1.0 could be used. If you know HDTV sets are going to drop in price approx. 25% a year and it's going to take you 4 years to save up for it, why not have a way to program it in?
I just figured for long-term save-up it would make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version