ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Eudora 8.0b7

<< < (4/6) > >>

Tuxman:
Thank you for the hint.  :)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

I am still very happy with the real Eudora 7.1.  Every time I look at the supposed replacements
I go back quickly.  Any reasons to switch yet ?  I definitely do not want to lose the robust
filtering and any searching capabilities, or any stability.  If we have all that, great, and what else ?

Shalom,
Steven Avery

cyberdiva:
I am still very happy with the real Eudora 7.1.  Every time I look at the supposed replacements
I go back quickly.  Any reasons to switch yet ?
-Steven Avery (December 22, 2009, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Steven, does Eudora 7.1 run on Windows 7?  The web page doesn't go any further than WinXP.  Do you have a paid version (that's no longer available)?

I've been using Mulberry for almost ten years, first in paid versions, now free, and I love it, but it does have a few issues--its not graphics friendly, and it trips over foreign characters if the message doesn't use the correct statements in the full headers.  So I do want a second program to turn to from time to time.  I used to use Thunderbird as the second program, but I'm not liking Tbird 3 (I can't even get it to show me the numbers of messages--total and unread--folder by folder in the left-hand column.  I think Tbird2 did so.)  I also downloaded Eudora 8 beta 7, but it didn't seem all that different from Tbird 3.  Many years ago, Eudora was the email client I was planning to try if Mulberry didn't work out, but I fell in love with Mulberry and so never tried Eudora.  Your statement about Eudora 7.1 interests me. 

I was also interested in SKA's mention of MailForge.  I took a look at the website, and MailForge looks promising.  I don't mind paying for software, but I'd prefer not to do so if I'm just using it as a backup. 

invenit:
Any reasons to switch yet ?  I definitely do not want to lose the robust
filtering and any searching capabilities, or any stability.
--- End quote ---

I think I would delay any switch yet. I've encountered some minor stability issues on two machines that took some time to surface (as might be expected with a beta version). I started testing Sylpheed's beta for comparison and it is superior IMHO. (Sylpheed takes a little getting used to though.)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Steven, does Eudora 7.1 run on Windows 7?  The web page doesn't go any further than WinXP.  Do you have a paid version (that's no longer available)?-cyberdiva
--- End quote ---

I can double-check the Eudora forums (they remain active). I doubt there are any Windows 7 problems of significance.

The "sponsored mode" is fine, which is available. (I can check where later.) You undock the ad and it falls behind and out of the way. (I think I throw if over the edge of the cliff or something). In the old days you would be forced to keep it visible .. no more.

This is functionally almost the full paid mode, it might not have the X1-based super-search, but that wasn't the most stable fun thing anyway.  Again, I can check on the forums, but I sense no lacks.

Shalom,
Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version