ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Questions re Windows 7 Starter on a Netbook

<< < (4/5) > >>

Josh:
I can say from first hand experience that running nod32 on a netbook is not a good idea. It doesn't slow things down during normal operations but any browser with a download manager will often times fail due to nod32s scanning system. I spent 2 months going back and forth with eset via email and did not resolve that issue.

Carol Haynes:
Was never my experience of NOD32 - the only thing that was noticeable was that scans of exe and zip files when downloaded caused a brief pause.

I am using AVAST these days on my home computer and that is light and has no issues that I have noticed.

Josh:
That is exactly what I experience and it often times led to a failed download. I worked with eset to resolve the issue but never could do it. This kinda sucks too as I have two licenses for nod32 but only one in use :(

cyberdiva:
I've been using the free version of AVAST on my netbook, which is currently running Windows 7 Starter and 1 GB of RAM (which I'm planning to up to 2 GB, but not because of AVAST).  So far, I've had no problems with AVAST (knock on wood, salt over my shoulder :) )

zridling:
Thanks Josh. A friend at work asked me these questions and I didn't know. Now I can relay this info to them.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version