ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: ClipTrap

<< < (20/27) > >>

skwire:
As of right now ClipTrap overwrites an existing file without any notice.  Poof.  All the previous clippings saved vanish and are substituted with a new set.  User ought to at least get a warning.-nkormanik (October 25, 2012, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  If you try to save using a filename that already exists, you will get the standard "blah blah already exists.  Do you want to replace it?"  Is that not notice enough?

nkormanik:
Very strange you get a warning.  I tried twice and didn't get one.

As said, ClipTrap simply silently overwrote the original, and replaced.  Poof.

How about the "Append to file" possibility?

nkormanik:
Same result on a different computer.  No warning at all.  Simply overwrote.

skwire:
Very strange you get a warning.  I tried twice and didn't get one.
As said, ClipTrap simply silently overwrote the original, and replaced.  Poof.-nkormanik (October 25, 2012, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tested on both XP and W7 and it works for me.  Here's a quick screencast I made: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/cliptrap/sc/ClipTrap_01.swf

How about the "Append to file" possibility?-nkormanik (October 25, 2012, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Website | Download
v1.1.5 - 2012-10-26
    + Added "Append text to..." functionality via the toolbar, File menu,
      or Ctrl+D hotkey.  (Thanks, nkormanik)

nkormanik:

Append works great, Skwire.  Huge and really useful addition to your Cliptrap program.  Thanks very much!

I realized the problem with overwrite....  Must include the extension with the name of the file.  Sometimes (not sure exactly when or why) all that's necessary to save a file is just the filename, and, say, .txt, is automatically added.  Well, if only filename is given, Cliptrap will overwrite the saved file that includes the extension.

So, when saving a file from Cliptrap, very important to type in the filename + the extension.  Then if such file already exists, Cliptrap will give a warning about overwriting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version