ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: ClipTrap

<< < (26/27) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.2.2 - 2014-12-21
    + Added security option to delete the clip.txt file on program exit.
      (Thanks, Dallas E.)
    + Added new tray icon states to show whether or not the clipboard and/or the
      ClipTray window is empty.  For an explanation of all of them, go to the
      'Options tab > Tray icon legend' section.

dallas7:
A few months ago, I copied my Windows 7 ClipTrap folder to a system running in a Windows 10 x64 environment (then Tech Preview and currently RTM) and it's been running A-OK.  So, Windows 10 compatible!  :up:  Just thought I'd post that up as an FYI.  Cheers.

skwire:
A few months ago, I copied my Windows 7 ClipTrap folder to a system running in a Windows 10 x64 environment (then Tech Preview and currently RTM) and it's been running A-OK.  So, Windows 10 compatible!  :up:  Just thought I'd post that up as an FYI.  Cheers.-dallas7 (August 30, 2015, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the report.  Much appreciated.  =]

robbero:
It seems to me I've found my clipboard manager.
Your clipboard manager has all what I need:
- simple
- button to stop/start monitoring
- on top!

But why do I need to copy a line before being enable to copy it to the clipboard?
Why didn't you just make every line (every single clip) clickable?

ps: I confirm that it is wind10 compatible.

skwire:
But why do I need to copy a line before being enable to copy it to the clipboard?
Why didn't you just make every line (every single clip) clickable?-robbero (March 24, 2016, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Long-winded explanation coming up...   ;)

This goes way back to why I wrote ClipTrap in the first place.  During that time, my job entailed working on the CLI of many different networking devices (routers, switches, BRAS, DSLAMS, etc.) and it was very common to have to run several commands on various devices and then get all that content into, say, a trouble ticket.  As you might imagine, this involved very long outputs (1000s of lines) of text.  ClipTrap was designed to make this sort of temporary aggregation of data very easy.

For instance, let's assume you have six different SSH sessions open to various devices.  You clear ClipTrap's current state, run your commands on those devices, and then do a copy command on each window.  You then switch over to ClipTrap, which now has all the outputs from the six SSH windows.  You do a copy there in ClipTrap and, bam, you're ready to paste all that output into a trouble ticket, email, etc.  Does that make sense?

ClipTrap was never designed as a long-term permanent database type of clipboard caching tool as there are plenty of those already available.  As it states on ClipTrap's webpage, you can think of ClipTrap as something in between using a full-fledged clipboard manager and using nothing. I use this in conjunction with ArsClip, a fantastic clipboard caching tool.

ps: I confirm that it is wind10 compatible.-robbero (March 24, 2016, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear.  Thank you for the report.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version