ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: ClipTrap

<< < (21/27) > >>

nkormanik:

I'm not going to ask for the following, but it logically seems a next step, just for some future possibility:

In Append, a drop-down menu of, say, the past few files which have been appended to.

Right now, Cliptrap remembers the last file appended to.  Which is fantastic.

But if the past five files could be remembered, and offered in a drop-down menu when the Append button is pressed, when user is cruising around doing research, and comes across something to add to the previous file, or four files ago, easy to click on that file in the drop-down menu, and add to that one.

In this way, several sets of research can be easily added to concurrently.

As I say, not asking for this.  Just an idea.

As Cliptrap presently stands seems to perfectly meet my needs.

nkormanik:
I've noticed that with some "system tray icons" clicking once on them opens up their window, and clicking again makes the window disappear back to the system tray.

I wonder if that could be implemented in Cliptrap?

Thanks!

BGM:
Skwire,

Here is a feature I have been thinking about recently.

I like to leave Cliptrap on and forget about it.  I have the security of knowing everything is captured.

However, sometimes my clip.txt file gets very large (mine is currently at 5mb!).

Here is what I would like to see:
An option to set a maximum size to the clip.txt file.
When that size is reached, the clipfile gets renamed with an incrementing number.
And a new clip.txt file is created and set as default.

There would be a menu for clip.txt files.
It would load all the files into the menu - clip1.txt, clip2.txt, clip3.txt.

There would also be an option to set a limit for the number of clip.txt files to keep around.

Presently, to do this, I have to first (the hard part) remember to do this every so often.
Then I have to close cliptrap.
Then rename clip.txt to clip3.txt,
then create a new clip.txt file,
then restart cliptrap.

Thanks again, for your time, Skwire.

skwire:
I have the security of knowing everything is captured.-BGM (May 01, 2013, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

ClipTrap seems to work well for you in this respect?  I ask because I don't use it all the time (and less than before since I switched jobs a few years ago).

Here is what I would like to see:
An option to set a maximum size to the clip.txt file.
When that size is reached, the clipfile gets renamed with an incrementing number.
And a new clip.txt file is created and set as default.-BGM (May 01, 2013, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...have you given thought to using a proper clipboard manager like mouser's Clipboard Help & Spell or ArsClip (the one I use)?  I wrote ClipTrap as something between a real clipboard manager and using nothing at all.  It also only does text...no rich formats, etc.

BGM:
Skwire, it seems to do what I want - which is, to capture code as I write it so I can go back and fetch it if I need to.

I tried a few other clipboard managers, but I don't need (or want, really) something that does anything more than text.  Cliptrap is sooo simple!
Plaint text is good enough for me. 

I was only hinting at getting out of the large file problem, since I leave it on all the time.

Honestly, though, I think I've only ever fetched anything out of it maybe 4 or 5 times in a long while.  But there it is!

I don't blame you if you don't want to spend any time on it for a singular request.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version