ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

<< < (26/46) > >>

skwire:
The date stamp algorithim in Excel is the days since January 1st, 1900 + Military Hours/24-AEngineer (January 30, 2010, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ugh...the lovely "1900 date" format.  Honestly, what might be better would be for the user to choose a timestamp format, in Anuran, that Excel can recognise and convert itself.  Your thoughts?

AEngineer:
Sure. 
You might have to help some people with the documentation on how to make the conversion. 

If you can provide an output in CSV or Tab form that gives:
Year (4 digit)
Month
Day
Hour
Minute
Second

then it's easy to use the Date & Time formulas to create the timestamp in Excel.

skwire:
The next couple questions are regarding the CSV format itself. 

1) The CSV RFC says that linebreaks must be preserved.  However, a LOT of so-called CSV readers will choke on this (thinking it's a new record).  Your thoughts?
2) Did you want a header line?

AEngineer:
No line breaks please, one line per record
I think a header line would be nice although my memory is that most csv and tab outputs don't have one.

You're amazing - it's Saturday night and you should be out carousing.

skwire:
No line breaks please, one line per record
I think a header line would be nice although my memory is that most csv and tab outputs don't have one.-AEngineer (January 30, 2010, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool...no line breaks makes things easier.

You're amazing - it's Saturday night and you should be out carousing.-AEngineer (January 30, 2010, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe...I'm married with two daughters.  No carousing here.  =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version