ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

<< < (17/51) > >>

Cyeb:
Cool, it's great to be able to have input on a game one enjoys. Off to try to get to level 5... :D

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (January 16, 2010, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't get past level 4!  Soo hardddd...  I think the ones containing the blocks should be first, as they are larger targets, and very easy to beat.  Here's my highest score.

timns:
Ok the new build is in place gang - I hope you enjoy. I've seen the assassin ball bug for myself now, and know what to do, so I'll fix that next.

Main thing with this release is a couple of new levels - good luck with them. I also have some new bonuses in the offing, and a prettier way to have them show up. Watch out!

By the way, has anyone seen any particularly good / bad backgrounds? They're all totally random and every now and then I get a pretty nice one.

kwacky1:
NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

;D  I do like this new version!    :Thmbsup:

Is it my imagination or is the ball a little bit 'bouncier'.

Good work on level 4, it was chaos with a ball trio, can't wait to see a ball frenzy on that level.  I haven't been able to get past level 5 yet, this game was the closest i got, 1 red peg left.

Thanks for all your great work timns.

timns:
Corking good score too! Thank you Kwacky1. The ball had been twiddled a tiny, tiny amount. Good eye!

One of the things I'll be doing soon is to add a level selector. Once you've gotten to a certain level, you should probably be allowed to jump straight there.

JavaJones:
I dug the new level 4 as well. The "wheel" bumpers are fun since you get more ball interaction with them, and there's less room for the ball to fall between at first.

I think once you reach level 5 it just keeps repeating that level, no?

Can't wait for more levels, effects, modes, etc. I have lots of ideas for this, but don't know if you have time/interest to implement. For example a powerup that actually bumps/moves the bumpers when the ball hits it (they would just move once, not become additional balls and bounce around), or a powerup like Peggle has where it shows you the projected n bounces from your current firing direction (really helps in tricky shots).

Also it would be nice to have more options to customize the game experience. I don't know if the position of bumpers is fixed and has to be created in a level editor, but I'd love to be able to just turn up a dial and get more green, more red, more blue, etc. bumpers to customize game difficulty, or at least have a difficulty slider that adjusted these ratios for you (e.g. turning difficulty down would give you less red, more green, and maybe more balls).

I can also imagine a fun game mode with harder difficulties where you could store up powerups and choose to activate them at a particular time using hotkeys. Maybe this is overkill or going beyond the scope of the game. But I really think this is a great opportunity to take the Peggle-like gameplay and extend it to some innovative concepts.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this one. It's addictive and fun. :)

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version