ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

<< < (10/51) > >>

Deozaan:
I forgot to mention that the purple bars are almost impossible to distinguish from the blue bars.

timns:
I forgot to mention that the purple bars are almost impossible to distinguish from the blue bars.
-Deozaan (January 05, 2010, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Blame me for that. Nudone gave me some nice graphics then I faffed around with paintshop to give them colours. I'm in the middle of a clean-up anyway, so I'll see if I can make them more distinct.

About to restore the mystery levels 3 & 4!

ch33s3r:
Awesome! I've always loved pinball games as well. I'd ask how you were able to code the physics for the non-flat surfaces, but I'm guessing that's not something that's easy to explain or that you'd even want to explain it lol. I'm going to begin my research on that though because I think you did a very nice job of doing it and I'd like to be able to do things like this :D

mouser:
Bill Budge's Pinball Construction Set was mind blowing to many of us at the time it came out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinball_Construction_Set

timns:
Awesome! I've always loved pinball games as well. I'd ask how you were able to code the physics for the non-flat surfaces, but I'm guessing that's not something that's easy to explain or that you'd even want to explain it lol. I'm going to begin my research on that though because I think you did a very nice job of doing it and I'd like to be able to do things like this :D
-ch33s3r (January 06, 2010, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks very much. The trickiest part of the coding was calculating the ball rebound angle from the odder parts of the other objects (e.g. the inner curved yet also angley bits of the curved bumpers - you haven't seen those bumpers yet, but they'll show up in the next release. Imagine a quarter of a donut)

Information is not easy to find, and in the end I just started from scratch. Probably wasted a lot of time but at least I understand it  ;) I have no problem sharing what I came up with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version