ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

<< < (4/51) > >>

timns:
Ooh, I like it!  It works on my netbook.  Some things run slowly, but when you're actually in game, it works perfectly.

Just another thing, methinks the game is a good idea, only the graphics...well...I can help you if you want.  Oh wait, I see up there ^ you say nudone is helping you?  Can I is help too?  :mrgreen:
-Cyeb (December 21, 2009, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you Cyeb. I greatly appreciate the offer and in fact you reminded me of something I keep meaning to post:

LEVEL DESIGN!!!!!

Once we have the other shapes in place (the game supports round pegs, square pegs and also curved pegs) then I shall be putting out the call to you creative types for some nice layouts.

Are you up for it?

Cyeb:
Sure!  Only I have absolutely no java coding experience, and very basic c++ experience.  (I only know how to do cin and cout stuff..)

I know how to use the GIMP though, which is what you need, right?

Deozaan:
let's see if anyone can beat my score
-mouser (December 18, 2009, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

That wasn't hard.

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

timns:
Sounds like the gloves are off. :o

Have you sussed out what each colour bumper does?

dragonmage:
Cool game so far, even though I'm only getting 32 fps. It made me late for work yesterday  >:(

I have found a couple bugs.

1. High Score list seems to be completely inaccurate. All recorded scores are way lower than the score reported in game. I haven't tried calculating to see if it's a certain percentage yet.

2. I got a Ball Frenzy and in the ensuing chaos another green bumper was hit and may have been Assassin Ball, not sure I didn't actually catch what was activated. At any rate the last two balls came into proximity of each other at low speed and became "caught in each others' gravity." That's the only way I could describe it. They bounced off of each other then pulled back together, endlessly. I had to start a new game.

Also had some ideas.

Pong Mode: Would it be possible to control the "paddle" in Pong Mode? As it is now Pong Mode only tracks one ball at a time, so a ball could go right by the paddle because it is tracking one that bounced back up.

Assassin Ball: Allow the player to "put a hit out" for a particular peg. Click on the problem peg, the ball then goes after that peg.

Claw Mode: Why not combine this with another arcade favorite the prize grabbing claw machines? The launcher could turn into a claw which could be launched, giving you a chance of grabbing the ball back to relaunch it. If you wanted to get really tricky with it you could also allow it to grab a peg and hold it. The cable could then become another surface for the ball to reflect off of.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll keep playing ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version