ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Thumbnail Icons

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
It must be an intermittent problem as I haven't seen that and I installed the patch.

steveso:
question, if you open your normal windows explorer and choose view mode -> thumbnails, do you see thumbnails?
another thing to try, click in the thumbnail panel and hit f5 to refresh, see if that helps.
-mouser (January 12, 2006, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser, and thanks for the reply.  Your answer got me thinking, and then I remembered that due to the recent woes with WMF vulnerabilities, that I had unregistered the Windows Fax and Image Viewer (Shimgvw.dll).  Since that time, Microsoft came out with the official patch which I had installed, so I just reregistered shimgvw.dll and thumbnails are displaying again.

Problem solved, and thanks again!

Steve

steveso:
steveso, i was just reading something about microsoft's early patch for the wmf trouble might be causing this for people;
if you are seeing the same problem in your windows explorer, this could be the cause.
-mouser (January 13, 2006, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi again Mouser. More on my earlier post... With the patch installed, Screenshot Captor works just fine, it was the unregistering the .DLL that caused the problem for me.

Take care,

Steve

mouser:
great :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version