ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Final Release: Leap of Faith

(1/12) > >>

Deozaan:
NANY 2010 Entry Information
Application NameLeap of FaithVersion1.2010.08.18Short Description w Supported OS Windows Web Page http://lof.deozaan.com/ Download Link Leap of Faith (2.4MB)System Requirements
* Windows XP/Vista/7Version History
* 1.2010.08.18 - Fixed buggy goal thingy as reported by Stoic Joker
* 1.2009.12.31 - NANY Final Release
* 0.2009.12.10 - PlayableAuthorDeozaanScreencast
* http://donationcoder.com/nany2010/sc/leapoffaith/leapoffaith.html
* YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFeSlOqd0kcCredits
* I'd like to thank Hamradio who took the time to make me a few graphics, which unfortunately did not make it into the final release. Your time and effort are appreciated.
* This game powered by Torque Game Builder.

Description
This is a Platformer game where the objective is to climb to the top of the screen and reach the goal.

Features
Contains Proprietary Paradox Technology: Every level is unique, yet they're all the same!
Implements amazing Greek technology!
Provides at least 10 seconds of amusement!1

Screencast

Screenshots
NANY 2010 Final Release: Leap of Faith

Usage

Installation
Unzip and run the exe.

Using the Application
Use the arrow keys to move left and right. Use Space Bar to make a Leap of Faith2 and try to reach the goal. You'll know it when you see it.

Uninstallation
Delete the Leap of Faith folder.
WinXP: Delete the \Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Craven Entertainment\ folder.
Vista/Win7: Delete the \Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Craven Entertainment\ folder.

Known Issues
The game will not run properly if the path contains non-ASCII characters. So if your Windows username uses non-ASCII characters, don't try running it on your Desktop or from within other folders in your User directory.

1. No guarantee is made pertaining to the amount of time, if any, this game amuses you.
2. No faith required. If you wish to play without faith you may press W to jump and R to randomize the level.

mouser:
Yay Deo!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
I just thought I'd post to let you know that I updated the initial post. There is now a playable version available for download. If for some reason you cannot unzip the file, it might be useful to know that I used 7-Zip to zip it. I think I used a compression algorithm that other zip programs (including Windows default zip app) would be compatible with.

MOUSER: ScreenShot Captor would only capture a blank screen. So I used Windows 7's Snipping Tool and saved it as a gif, which made the screenshot look like carp because of the dithering.

I just thought I'd mention that the current graphics are all temporary/programmer's art and will likely be replaced by other things. After all, it makes no sense for a tree to be jumping around. But I thought I'd explain that in the top left part of the screenshot is a block with a yellow circle in the middle. That's the goal you're trying to reach.

HELP NEEDED: I could use some graphics. I basically only need 4 or 5 images and they can be pretty simple, probably 64x64 at the largest for all except the background image:

* Ground Tile: Right now this is the grass you stand on at the start (bottom) of the level.
* Platform Tile: Right now these are the green blocks with brown outlines/cracks in them. There are 3 now for variation, but I really only need 1.
* Player Image: Right now this is a tree. I'd like it to be a person or creature that would make sense to have jumping/hopping around.
* Goal Tile: Right now this is the green block with a yellow circle in the middle. I'd like it to be something that signifies an exit or goal. Something that stands out from the platform blocks.
* Background Image: This may be the hardest image to make, because I would like it to be very tall so that as the player climbs, the image will progress from sky and clouds etc., to maybe darkness and space and stars and galaxies, etc.

Perry Mowbray:
Awesome  :Thmbsup:

HELP NEEDED: I could use some graphics. I basically only need 4 or 5 images and they can be pretty simple, probably 64x64 at the largest for all except the background image:
-Deozaan (December 14, 2009, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you check there offers:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20824.msg187443#msg187443
* https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20824.msg186698#msg186698

mouser:
Maybe it should be Cody who is jumping around?

I'm not sure if you are looking for suggestions, but what if instead of blocks completely dissapearing or appearing after each move, blocks crumbled over the course of a few stages.. so that you had to plan your route to use blocks before they dissapeared.. with new ones appearing only at top of the screen as you move upward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version