ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Page Countster

<< < (14/26) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay this last one took a bit of fiddling with, but I think it was worth it. Originally the Emailed report was just a .csv file spit into the message body (e.g. it was ugly) ...which was fine if it was only going to be read by a machine. Now the reports are sent as an HTML Email in a bit more people pleasing table format. For those that don't want to go back to the first post to see the screen shot I'll stick it here too:
NANY 2010 Release: Page Countster

techidave:
Sj, I have downloaded the 163 build.  it appears scan for network printers, if it finds more than one local area connection, will go with the last one.  I installed skype on my computer so now it show more than one LAN in the network connections.

I am attaching screenshots.

Stoic Joker:
Okay, so it occurred to me that some folks may be wondering how the above turned out... (Dave and I discussed it at length via video conferencing).

The Xerox we discovered does not quite follow the protocol standards of how & where (and if) the information is stored. Hence if the data isn't where it's supposed to be... it can't be gotten. Some of HP's plotters also suffer this affliction ... but this is a fairly rare occurrence that I've to data only seen twice out of several thousand different makes & models tested.

On the scan picking the wrong address info issue. Yes it can happen. When the scan options opens it grabs the IP address & subnet mask off the first adapter it comes to while enumerating the adapter list from whichever end (been a while since I did that research) is least likely to be/have a dial-up adapter.

I had considered at one point enumerating all of the local adapters and having them (and their associated address info) available on a drop-down menu to pick from on-the-fly. But I suspect this may just be unnecessary complexity as it would seldom be needed. ...Being game to try it however, I'm looking for any input on how useful this feature might be.

techidave:
Well SJ, I am glad you thought of updating the folks here.  Because I sure didn't think of it.  Oh well, I couldn't have explained it as well as you.

Joker created a wonderful program, small, fast and non bloated!   :Thmbsup:  If you are needing a program to scan your network for IP based printers and then give you a report showing the IP address, host name, serial number, pages printed, amount of toner left (in percent) and then he goes and add columns for color lasers toner amounts and pages printed.

It truly is a wonderful program.  Oh, did I say how wonderful it was? :-* 

techidave:
Hey Joker, just had an idea.  I don't know if it is possible or not but here goes.

Is it possible to show whether or not DHCP is enabled or not?  I had this situation at school today and it would be nice to know when it scans for printers, just in case I missed setting a static ip or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version