ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A Chance to Brag/Explain - What is DonationCoder and What Are You Doing Here?

<< < (4/5) > >>

techidave:
speaking as someone who doesn't code, I feel right at home here.  I am responsible for 250 or so computers on our school network.  I find my friends on DC to be very knowledgeable, friendly, and more than willing to help.  You can also find an occasional post about something that doesn't even apply to technology.

now if you were to mention "Spinrite" you might just get f0dders attention.   :P  But he is gentle about giving it.  Oops.  I meant to say he will give you his thoughts but in no way does he get nasty about it.  very gentle.

40hz:
What I find unique is the overwhelming sense of community you get here.

And while I could say I come here for the technical discussions; or to bounce ideas off some very bright and interesting people; or to ask a question; or possibly even answer one - the single biggest thing that draws me back is that sense of community.

So...

What am I doing here?

I'm enjoying the company of people I both like and respect.

I think that's called "hanging out with friends."  ;D

ljbirns:
I come here because I find the commentary interesting.  I learn something new almost every time.  If I have a question , no matter how dumb, someone answers without  making me feel like a dummy.  I  have picked up some very nice programs.
I've been a member since 2005.  I don't say ( posted probably  120 times ) much but I come every day to see what is new.

A great site with great people.

Lew

mzah8:
I come here because I find the commentary interesting.  I learn something new almost every time. [...]  I  have picked up some very nice programs.
-ljbirns (December 08, 2009, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seconded. :)

I am one of the lurkers and do not come on DC that often (perhaps at least once a month), but when I do it's for the above reasons. Also, as mentioned, the DC community is amazing.

Good luck in writing up the review.

skwire:
I'm trying to build my retirement through Coding Snacks.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version