ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Pre-release: FenixContacts

<< < (4/9) > >>

fenixproductions:
2Perry Mowbray
Tagging? Categories? What for?

The way I see my idea of LiveFilter working is:

* contacts list contains two line items:

* static field with values set in Options (like nicknames)
* dynamic fields - dependable on fields selected in dropdown list (already shown on screenshot, below filter TextBox)
* when you select field to have list filtered by, it will get refreshed and you can see needed values only,
So how would your idea differ from defining "Tags" field as string, choosing it in list's filter dropdown and typing wanted phrase in TextBox?
How would it differ from extended mode where an option to "treat spaces as separators" exists?

It is still just an idea but this is how I want it to be in the future.

Perry Mowbray:
Tagging? Categories? What for?
-fenixproductions (December 17, 2009, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Christmas card list
* Friends
* Work related
So how would your idea differ from defining "Tags" field as string, choosing it in list's filter dropdown and typing wanted phrase in TextBox?
How would it differ from extended mode where an option to "treat spaces as separators" exists?

It is still just an idea but this is how I want it to be in the future.
-fenixproductions (December 17, 2009, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe not at all  :D 

But the idea of a Tag or a Category is a little specific, like multiple tags per record. Like being able to add to existing tags from a dynamic dropdown. Then when filtering having the ability to include any or all matches, etc.

Tag clouds are not just eye candy but can be an efficient way to view and work with your data.

fenixproductions:
Small update :)

fenixproductions:
Another small change…

J-Mac:
I am really looking forward to this. Contacts software is one of the most needed types of software and at the same time one of the most difficult to find. Most folks seem to rely on either Outlook or Gmail contacts - neither of which I like at all. I have been using the 37 Signals web app Highrise (free plan). It is easy enough to use but I am limited to 250 contacts for free. However if you ever need to print out a list, forget it. No decent print facility and exporting to a csv file gets you a phenomenal amount of garbage.

About the only request I can think of is to please make this portable; something we can easily access from a USB drive so it can be available with us wherever we go.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version