ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Pre-release: FenixContacts

<< < (2/9) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I'm pretty sure it's the same fellow, but I may be wrong. And I love it, but I hate it too: it's just one of those applications that doesn't click with me, and I've tried for years!

I can't wait to see what you come up with... where are the screen shots??  ;)

fenixproductions:
I can't wait to see what you come up with... where are the screen shots??  ;)-Perry Mowbray (December 14, 2009, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
No screen shots yet* but do not expect revolution with first release.
*) Or do you want to see empty forms?

cranioscopical:
do not expect revolution with first release
-fenixproductions (December 14, 2009, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
But, but, but... we do!

superboyac:
I totally missed this thread!  This is one of my most favorite kinds of software.  To this day, I have not found an addressbook software that I love.  In fact, when I first joined DC, I made a big thread about it:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1898.0

I'll repost the suggestions I had for it, in case you are interested:
--Be able to insert email addresses (or other info...telephone #, street address, etc.) wherever the cursor is in whatever program.  This is similar to one of those clipboard managers that can insert text to wherever the cursor, except in this case, it only applies to addresses.  But the program should be called up and used in a similar manner

--The address details for each entry should be fully customizable as far as what fields go in.  (first name, last name, street address, etc., as well as the ability for custom fields of course).

--Should be allowed to attach pictures to entries.

--There should be a live search-as-you-type filter to quickly select the address you want.  And you should be able to search ALL fields, not just the name or something.  This is almost identical to the program PowerMarks, which is a bookmark manager that does exactly what I'm saying here.  In fact, it's so similar that I asked the author of that program to consider making this software, but I don't think he was interested.

--The program should be very lightweight, fast, and SIMPLE!  I can't stress that enough.  Nothing bulky.

--There should be a fairly complex way to share fields of information between different entries.  For example, let's say you have an entry for a husband and a wife.  They have different first names, but same last names, same address, different email addresses, different cell phone numbers.  So there should be some way to link the common information together and keep the other information separate.  And by "link" I really mean link, not just copy the same field.

--- End quote ---

I also did big mini-review of several of the programs, you can find that here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2292.0

Thanks for doing this, fenix!  It's no small job.

Perry Mowbray:
I can't wait to see what you come up with... where are the screen shots??  ;)-Perry Mowbray (December 14, 2009, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
No screen shots yet* but do not expect revolution with first release.-fenixproductions (December 14, 2009, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

But, but, but... we do!
-cranioscopical (December 14, 2009, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with Chris  :D

*) Or do you want to see empty forms?
-fenixproductions (December 14, 2009, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that would fit in with some of the other dreadful teases that have been posted  ;D  But seriously, I think that would be great fun and well within the fun loving spirit of NANY!  :Thmbsup:

I think there is such a need for this type of software that you'll get a lot of support here. I think everyone who has ever tinkered with code will have started an Address Book programme, simply because what's available doesn't meet their needs. So I think what that is saying is that it needs to be flexible and extensible.

There is 2.5 weeks to go, after all!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version