ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

National Characters

(1/3) > >>

czb:
Hi,

I switched from Ditto to CHS because Ditto was taking 50% of my CPU. But when I copy paste ěščřžýáíé I get ìšèøžýáíé. Is there any way how to solve such a problem? I use English Win7 with Czech Local settings.

Thanks

mouser:
i'm afraid to say the answer.. CHS is not going to be good at unicode :(

mouser:
CHS is written in Borland Codegear Embarcardo C++ Builder, and like many of my apps, does not handle unicode (non-ascii) characters well.  However, unlike some of my other programs, modifying it to support Unicode should as hard as the rest.. I've put it on my todo list -- maybe i will make it my first foray into unicode support.

yksyks:
I had the same experience (with the same language) and went back to Ditto because of this.

@mouser: Unicode would be fine, but most of us would be happy with just the system locale codepage support. Would that be easier to implement?

@czb: I had the same problem with Ditto on XP and Vista. I managed to fix it (at least for some time) by deleting some large clips and then performing "Compact and Repair Database".

matesko:
@mouser: you are mixing some things. Embarcadero i perfectly capable of displaying national symbols. What czb is talking is not unicode. Whar ex Borland C++ does not support is multibyte Unicode encodings like corean, chinese etc. Ther rest it supports just fine. I know that as I was working with borland Delphi before using croatian or any other locales - no Unicode 16bit...

and for me it really is a must have... too bad i have to revert to ditto.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version