ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video player: What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

<< < (18/31) > >>

sajman99:
...All the files play on FLV Player with no problems...Ideas?
-mrainey (December 26, 2009, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

If the .flvs play on FLV Player, the odds are quite good they will play on KMPlayer as well (sorry- I don't use Light Alloy).

Also, I recently updated Universal Viewer and discovered it plays .flvs flawlessly. I got the UV portable build, and I cannot give enough positive comments about this brilliant freeware multi-format player.

MilesAhead:
I think if anyone were to come out with such a thing The Man would swoop down on them pretty fast. Licensing fees must be paid to Big Brother and all that, you know.
-Innuendo
--- End quote ---

From what I read in user comments for Media Player Classic Home Theater, the user claims he can play discs in the optical drive once scanned with AnyDVDHD.  AnyDVDHD is running a promo for a few more days... but that's not really enough time for me to try it out.  Might be overkill for what I need anyway.

Curt:
... Universal Viewer ... this brilliant freeware multi-format player.
-sajman99 (December 26, 2009, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

How many plugins are necessary / what can it do by itself ?

Isn't it $23 ?

MilesAhead:
Not sure how fast but if you need to handle large .mkv and .mp4 files on Windows you might try Splash

I use the free Lite version.  It can handle large files without crashing, the seek slider seems to work very smoothly whereas VLC will sometimes crash as soon as you advance the slider.  Also it claims, even in the Lite version, hardware acceleration for supported video cards.  On my quad core I have the acceleration enabled.  It doesn't seem to cut down on resource usage, but I haven't noticed any pauses when playing the video as I'll sometimes get with VLC or MPCHT.

sajman99:
... Universal Viewer ... this brilliant freeware multi-format player.
-sajman99 (December 26, 2009, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

How many plugins are necessary / what can it do by itself ? Isn't it $23 ?
-Curt (December 26, 2009, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.uvviewsoft.com -very bottom of page:
License: the main application is freeware; the add-on "Navigation Panel" is shareware (requires registration)
System requirements: Windows All (32-bit), MS Internet Explorer 4.0+

--- End quote ---

I've been using the freeware version without the optional navigation panel for the last few years. Unlike in the past when I had to use Lister plugins to get video file types (and also .swf) to play, I installed no plugins in the current Univeral Viewer and everything (.avi, .flv, .mpg, .wmv, mp4) I throw at it plays out-of-the-box. :) The name ("universal") is accurate as this app can play/view many different file types--not just video files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version