ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video player: What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

<< < (17/31) > >>

J-Mac:
Hmm...  I thought pressing F3 in TC was View File? Is that a custom config? Or are there features that I don't know about?-J-Mac (December 17, 2009, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, F3 is View File & there are a few plugins available that will provide functionality to view movies. For the super-impatient there's also a plugin to play mp3s, flacs, apes, etc. as well. With a little time & effort spent there's not much that Total Commander can't do.
-Innuendo (December 17, 2009, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool!  :)

Thanks!

Jim

MilesAhead:
If anyone runs into a free Windows player that plays BluRay discs please post.-MilesAhead (December 16, 2009, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think if anyone were to come out with such a thing The Man would swoop down on them pretty fast. Licensing fees must be paid to Big Brother and all that, you know.
-Innuendo (December 17, 2009, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

The whole thing is bizarre.  I remember there were big furors in the past with VHS and audio cassette.  Now if you tell someone there was a big resistance to recording songs off the radio using your cassette recorder they look at you like you're nuts.  Then again, with the younger generation it seems before the Garden of Eden was even created, there was cable TV(what do you mean it wasn't always there? You're crazy!!)

sajman99:
... Then again, with the younger generation it seems before the Garden of Eden was even created, there was cable TV(what do you mean it wasn't always there? You're crazy!!)
-MilesAhead (December 17, 2009, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D ;D Gotta say--that one killed me! ;D ;D

MilesAhead:

mrainey:
After playing around with Light Alloy (on XP), I have two negative observations.

The program starts very quickly but seems to sit for quite a long time before actually playing anything.

A significant number of flv files won't play at all.  I get an error message and Light Alloy crashes.  All the files play on FLV Player with no problems.

Ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version