ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video player: What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

<< < (2/31) > >>

cmpm:
I know MPC is not what you want to hear, Mpc-Home Cinema is fast and a codec pack with it from here.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Updated 9-9-09

Having switched to W7, I've had to find a better player.
Vlc and mpc did not work well. Although, now with this codec pack WMP plays flash and more, it's still slower then MPC-Home Cinema.

I even tried Real Player, and it works fine but not as fast.

Curt:
... Light Alloy is still slowly being developed.  However, they are doing it all in Russian.  
-superboyac (December 07, 2009, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you (anyone) figured out what font the Light Alloy user will need, in order so see the proper Cyrillic characters in the program (not the site)? The titles are easy to read, but the mouse-over texts makes no meaning.

superboyac:
... Light Alloy is still slowly being developed.  However, they are doing it all in Russian.  
-superboyac (December 07, 2009, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you (anyone) figured out what font the Light Alloy user will need, in order so see the proper Cyrillic characters in the program (not the site)? The titles are easy to read, but the mouse-over texts makes no meaning.

-Curt (December 07, 2009, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, I should clear that up.  You have to go into the Preferences menu, change the language to English, and everything will be fine.  I'm at work right now, so I can't give a screenshot, but i can later tonight.

Actually, screw it, I can do it here at work:
Press F10, that will bring up the preferences setting (after clicking on the left button for the nag screen; I'm assuming yours is not registered).  Then pick English.  See the screenshots below:

superboyac:
Hm, when you mentioned "SMPlayer" I kind of figured you meant SPlayer, but I see there is also an SMPlayer. So, if you haven't tried Splayer, you might want to check it out:
http://www.splayer.org/index.en.html
It claims speed and low memory use as advantages. I've found it's pretty decent, I'm testing it as a secondary or even replacement for my current favorite The KMPlayer.

However, I do have another thought. Have you looked into optimizing The KMPlayer? For example if you're willing to use a player without built-in codecs, you could turn off all it's own codecs. Not sure if this would make it faster... or slower. But something to test. Also I imagine what video renderer you use affects this. I know there are many more options that affect this, such as playlist reading modes, etc, etc. I would think there is probably optimization-related discussion on the KMPlayer forums (hopefully in the English part :D). If you do look into that, let us know if you find anything promising, as it's something I'd be interested in too.

Good luck!

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (December 07, 2009, 03:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Splayer is very, very nice.  I will have to compare its speed with Light Alloy when I get home.  I like it a lot.  If it is slower than LA, it's not by much.  Nice find.  It's nice looking as well, and has some cool options.

fenixproductions:
2superboyac
Just wondering:
did you try to use command line version of mplayer.hu?
The engine is the same as for SMPlayer but getting rid off GUI made it the quickest one on my PC. Original version also had dhahelper.sys driver which increased its speed a lot. Even though there are a lot of good players I am still using it as default one (sorry KMPlayer).

Oh! And there is also Total Commander plugin to use this application through lister interface. I don't dare to dream for more ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version