ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video player: What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

<< < (6/31) > >>

Curt:
Superboyac: What do you want to configure in Splayer that you can't do?
-JavaJones (December 08, 2009, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mouse button customization.  Most of these programs have options to assign functions to left-mouse, right-mouse buttons.  Also, program double-click function, etc.
-superboyac (December 08, 2009, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

SPlayer's hotkey settings includes the mouse, but is only available via Splayer HomeTheater:

Video player:  What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

superboyac:
Thanks Curt.  I'll give that a go.  They should make their options interface a little more, shall i say, normal!

Curt:
At first I was excited by/with SPlayer, but now I am reluctant... It does almost every thing, but to me it's not quite the right thing! It will not allow me to close it to the sys-tray, but will closeclose = exit. The played files are added to a playlist, and I have not yet found a way to make SPlayer 'play&forget' without this playlist being created. If I minimize to sys-tray the playlist will be remembered, meaning that I'll have to clear it all of the time.

I would gladly have a hundred hotkeys less, in exchange for these minor changes. I wonder if it will make any difference to write these people? The non-Chinese part of the potential market doesn't seem to have their interest.

superboyac:
I like your term: "play and forget".

I agree with your complaints.  I would also like those features you mentioned.  I'll be sticking with Light Alloy for now.  But Splayer is nice, I will be keeping my eye on it.  I love the interface, it's so clean.

4wd:
Another vote here for MPC-HC - the only player I use, (in it's portable version).  Single executable, integrated codecs, fully customisable keys/mouse.

It works on W7 and is also available in x64.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version