ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

No network adapters detected!?

<< < (9/13) > >>

lancel0t:
hi, im not using a laptop and my internet connection is using the usb based wireless internet connector (3G Modem), in short, it does not uses my nic to connect to the internet. On the network drop down adapter menu i have SIS adapter and microsoft network adapter. so will this program work on this kind of internet setup? thanks for the reply

lancel0t:
this is a followup on my post, I hope someone would help me. thanks

mouser:
hi lacnel0t, sorry for delay in replying.
i'm afraid i don't have any experience running the software on your kind of setup.

the best i can suggest is that you try the winpcap support forums and see if anyone knows anything about getting the winpcap driver to work with that modem.
http://www.winpcap.org/contact.htm

pogue:
I'm having a similar problem.  I'm on Win7 x64 using Winpcap 4.1.2 and URLSnooper2 2.28.01.  It won't autodetect my adapter and it's not in the list.  I'm using a wireless adapter (onboard - Intel) and in URLSnooper it has listed Microsoft, Microsoft, TAP-Win32 Adapter V9, and Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet driver.  Autodetect fails every time.  When I run windump -d I get the following output:

--- ---windump: listening on \Device\NPF_{0C2B00A0-B520-4434-AFE1-6AD19B283BAE} (000) ret #96
I tried each of the listed adapters manually and sniffed around but it came back with nothing each time.

I tried running URLSnooper as an admin and in compatibility mode for Vista and XP SP2 with no change.  I'm wondering about the auto detect adapter string, which by default says "Privacy".   Where is this line of text supposed to be coming from?  Google's index page or where exactly?

Is there anything else I could try to manually add my adapter such as the registry keys for URLSnooper or any adjustments for the settings?

Thanks in advance,
pogue

mouser:
I'm wondering about the auto detect adapter string, which by default says "Privacy".   Where is this line of text supposed to be coming from?  Google's index page or where exactly?
--- End quote ---

yes -- it's simply looking to see a specific string in the page it retrieves, in this case the string "Privacy" expected on the google page.  when found it means the page was seen.

first advice: completely forget about automatic network adapter detection -- just turn it off, it serves no value except to save you the trouble of selecting your adapter from the drop down list.

the real problem is your intel wireless adapter may not be supported by winpcap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version