ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Death in Family

<< < (7/7)

Tuxman:
It is irefutable that urbanization has, does and will degrade human relationships by ever-expanding usurpation of the capacity of individuals (neighbors) to provide what others need through public "services;" thereby destroying the womb of community adhesion.-CodeTRUCKER (December 08, 2009, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
My actual intent was the global mourning culture. If someone dies, it's on the TV and in every paper and "the world" is so sad and everything without even knowing the dead person. This is not actually the way a thing like sympathy should work IMO, and it is a disgusting evolution forced by begging-for-more-audience media, so over all the years I got a sane reluctance against mentioning death in public forums. I even think it is not O.K. to hold public obsequies for people like Michael Jackson, but this is another point...

But you are right: I am (relatively) new to this board, so I don't know much about people's relationships here. So if we are all real friends, it is alright for me and I'll do my best to become a part of them. But all that... stuff made me somewhat immune here.

I'm sorry.

edited:
Haven't read the linked thread yet, but I will, thank you...

CodeTRUCKER:
Tuxman, thanks for listening and welcome to a new (old) dimension.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version