ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FireFox problem.. Downloads with unusual names close instantly dont download

<< < (2/2)

phillfri:
Firefox downloading has been causing problems for lots of people for several minor releases now. Go to the Mozilla forums and you'll be overwhelmed by all the downloading bug posts! I started noticing it after the release of the 3.5.x series and I also notice the problems continue in the 3.6 beta series. Its gotten to the point where I'm almost ready to switch to IE8. (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

40hz:
Firefox downloading has been causing problems for lots of people for several minor releases now. Go to the Mozilla forums and you'll be overwhelmed by all the downloading bug posts!
-phillfri (December 10, 2009, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty interesting. I've been running 3.5 since it came out (currently up to V3.5.5) on all my business and personal machines and I haven't encountered any issues with downloads. Ditto for all my clients that are running Fox. And we're all bigtime downloaders.

Is there a consensus emerging as to what is causing all these problems?

phillfri:
When it happens to me I sometimes get a specific scripting error message referencing a download script. I've posted the error message on the Mozilla bugs site. Sometimes downloading works okay, sometimes it freezes Firefox, sometimes it just freezes the current tab in Firefox, and sometimes it just sits there for a minute or so and will eventually complete. There seems to be no consistency in the pattern.

I do notice that the problem seems more prevalent on my Asus EeePC 1000H than on my desktops. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on all my machines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version