ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

LATEST VERSION: fSekrit 1.40 shrinkwrapped!

<< < (4/9) > >>

mxn:
While I rarely use the read-only feature myself, I like the possibility to save permanently read-only files and I don't think you should make it possible to make them writable again. That would only reduce it's function to the previously mentioned "protect me against my fumble-finger saving", and I'm having a hard time imagining how you could both accidentally edit a document, AND accidentally save the document afterward. For people who need that you have the +R attribute.

MerleOne:
My point is just that sometimes you realise you've used the read-on feature too soon !   And you are also just proving my point :) by saying "I'm having a hard time imagining how you could both accidentally edit a document, AND accidentally save the document afterward".  If so, there is no obstacle making it R/W again since you won't erase the read-only version unintentionally.

kamil929:
Is tere any chance to put twofish cipher into fSekrit 1.40 ? AES256 is not that strong than it justu be.

f0dder:
Is tere any chance to put twofish cipher into fSekrit 1.40 ? AES256 is not that strong than it justu be.-kamil929 (May 19, 2010, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nope, it's outside the scope of fSekrit, which is to stay LEAN_AND_MEAN. I really, really really wouldn't worry about AES-256 not being strong enough... not now, and not in the next umphteen years. If you're in a position where you could be compromised by anybody even remotely likely to be capable of breaking AES-256, I'd worry much more about Rubber-hose cryptanalysis.

Stoic Joker:
a.k.a The carefully applied usage of excessive force...

:D

Love the cartoon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version