ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

LATEST VERSION: fSekrit 1.40 shrinkwrapped!

<< < (9/9)

f0dder:
I happened to find a similar(actually i think the same) program Text-2-EXE
-chashnniel (February 15, 2019, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ugh, missed forum reply notifications for this one!

At first glance, this seems to be a very clear ripoff of fSekrit (although with internationalization added?). The maxa-tools site seems to be down at the moment (Domain Status    On-hold (redemption Period)), but it seems the tool has been shared to a bunch of sites (portablefreeware, softpedia, heise, ...).

I've taken a quick look at the text2exe.exe downloaded from Heise in a hex editor, and... it looks like it's a Visual Basic application. So, not a hackjob that's just replacing resources, and not somebody doing a few modifications to the open-source version of fSekrit... but doing pretty much a reimplementation?

The mind, it boggles :huh:

Ding:
I happened to find a similar(actually i think the same) program Text-2-EXE
-chashnniel (February 15, 2019, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ugh, missed forum reply notifications for this one!

At first glance, this seems to be a very clear ripoff of fSekrit (although with internationalization added?). The maxa-tools site seems to be down at the moment (Domain Status    On-hold (redemption Period)), but it seems the tool has been shared to a bunch of sites (portablefreeware, softpedia, heise, ...).

I've taken a quick look at the text2exe.exe downloaded from Heise in a hex editor, and... it looks like it's a Visual Basic application. So, not a hackjob that's just replacing resources, and not somebody doing a few modifications to the open-source version of fSekrit... but doing pretty much a reimplementation?

The mind, it boggles :huh:
-f0dder (May 23, 2019, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
It seems maxa-tools is gone for good, but I've attached it here for posterity's sake.

I'd love it if fSekrit received an update after all this time. I'd really like to see a wrap-around Find, and maybe even a Find & Replace, as well as a Dark Theme.

rgdot:
Probably not a question that should be asked here :-[

Is fSekrit still a good recommended tool for creating individual encrypted text files? The purpose is to keep and send small text files to someone without asking them to do much and not installing anything myself

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version