ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock won't start from WinPE bootable disc

<< < (3/3)

sgtevmckay:
This is great  :Thmbsup:

Could I talk you into doing a write up on how to and the experience of teh integration????

Markham:
I don't think that there was a thread for this problem, so : i have a custom built bootable windows 7 disc and i have tried to start CircleDock at startup, but it won't start, with error : " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135)...". I have noticed that there are some DLL's missing from System32 folder on disc, but the question is which exactly are required by this handsome docky to run?
This goes to application coders. Can i have a list of required DLL files ( .NET specific maybe?). Is it good enough to put them all in the same folder where EXE is?
Any help is welcome!  Thanks!
-gorancheros (December 03, 2009, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see you've solved your problem - or have you? When you say "WinPE" do you mean "WinPE" or "BartPE"? There is a big difference. WinPE is a proprietary format issued by Microsoft to its Software Assurance Members and is a command-line tool - it does not have a graphical user interface. There are a number of programs available on the Net that claim to build WinPE, some of which are simply wrappers around Microsoft's WinPE builder tools, whilst others do provide a GUI. Their use may not be (entirely) legal.

BartPE is somewhat different in that it produces a running copy of Windows with a full GUI and requires your original distribution CD to work. I suspect that this is actually what you have.

Now to BartPE and Circle Dock. Finding the INF plug-in for .Net Framework and installing that into a BartPE CD is only half the task: you will also need to create a plug-in for Circle Dock and this page may help you with that. You will also need to build and configure the Dock before creating the BartPE ISO. To this end I suggest you wait until version 1.00 is released as this contains the necessary smarts to recognise read-only media (such as CD and DVD ROMs) and will automatically prevent Circle Dock from attempting to write anything to disk - in effect making it a "Kiosk" application.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version