ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 - Offers of Assistance

(1/2) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
NANY has been a great event here at DC for many years, and everyone gets into the fun: it's a real community effort.

It takes a lot of work to get the NANY Entries out the door by December 31; and it takes a lot of extra community effort to get a highly polished product done.

This year we've decided to formalize that process a little bit and extend the NANY Rewards to those volunteers that help our coders get their entries done.

So, What's a NANY Volunteer?
A NANY Volunteer is someone who formally offers specific skills and services to our coders and enters into a partnership with a NANY Entrant to perform a specific task.

How does it work?

* If you have a skill, or skills, to offer the NANY Entrants you can reply to this post and list what skills you'd like to offer.
* A NANY Entrant who can use your assistance will get in contact you (maybe PM is best?) and detail what they need.
* If you agree to help you will be listed as a volunteer on their project page.
* If accepting that request alters your offer of assistance you should edit your reply as required. It's pointless knocking back requests if you've had your available time taken!
* Offering and accepting NANY Volunteering services is a serious undertaking, you're entering into a type of partnership with the entrant, so it should not be taken lightly; though it doesn't need to be a huge task either.
* You can volunteer on as many entries as you like!
What can a NANY Volunteer do?
In reality, they can do anything that's required. Some ideas are:

* Create Icons
* Create SplashScreen
* Create Screencast Video
* Create DCUpdater File
* Create Sounds / Music
* Create / edit RedMine Page
* Beta Testers
* Text reviewer / editor
* Translations
Why Have NANY Volunteers?
NANY Volunteers iis a recognition of the great array of talent we have here at DC (i.e. not just coding) and of what was already happening (in many respects). I always thought that the people who went out of their way to help the Entrants (by testing and ideas, etc) were part of the Event anyway: NANY Volunteers just formalizes the process a little.

It is also a way of ensuring that the NANY Entrants are well supported.

What Happens if there is not a Volunteer that's Offered the Skills I Need?
Make a request for one: no one will know unless you ask!

housetier:
I can help translating between English and German. And I can test all the Linux applications; windows applications I can only test if they run under wine.

awopbamboo:
Evening all.....

I'm happy to participate... But my brain is a bit empty on ideas.....

If there is anyone out there, who might have a good idea, unique, one that is useful and would be popular...  and would like to form a PARTNERSHIP and we'll create something together?  i.e. you come up with the idea(s) and I'll do the coding... Then I am up for that!

It'll be a partnership effort (assuming thats allowed????)

Probably best to PM me if anyone is interested???

Cheers

Perry Mowbray:
Evening all.....

I'm happy to participate... But my brain is a bit empty on ideas.....

If there is anyone out there, who might have a good idea, unique, one that is useful and would be popular...  and would like to form a PARTNERSHIP and we'll create something together?  i.e. you come up with the idea(s) and I'll do the coding... Then I am up for that!

It'll be a partnership effort (assuming thats allowed????)

Probably best to PM me if anyone is interested???

-awopbamboo (December 02, 2009, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is nothing wrong with partnerships, in fact, I've been pondering lots of other ideas to encourage group entries (I've been thinking of Community Entries). I love the idea  :-*

You may want to check out the Ideas Thread, and maybe make your offer there?

You may also want to give a brief idea of what you're experienced with  :-\

Target:
happy to help with documentation (drafting, proof reading, etc - sorry, english only :-[) and testing where I can (XP SP2)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version