ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

do you know good photo collection hosting site

(1/4) > >>

delwoode:
At the moment I am using FlickR, just because I heard about them 1st, but anyone had better experience of other sites where you upload your holiday snaps so that family and friends can easily view them.  Should be free and easy to use. 

Jibz:
I am using Flickr as well, mainly because I like their permission system and felt it gave the amount of control over who could see my pictures I wanted.

But I would love to hear about experiences with other services; I looked at picasa for instance, but the free offering of 1GB storage was too small for me.

Also, the picasa TOS has one of those "anything you upload we, and our affiliates, can use for anything we like" clauses, which I am not a fan of .. Flickr might have one as well, I just didn't find it yet :D.

sri:
Try http://www.zooomr.com/

JavaJones:
To this day I don't understand how anyone can stand to use or view photos on Flickr. To me it is the most terribly designed UI of any photo sharing site. Its popularity amazes me. Even Facebook, etc. seem better. That being said I probably don't know how to use it right, but it sure aint intuitive.

Anyway, for free options, I personally think Picasa is the best. Not as full-featured as Flickr I'll grant, but photo viewing is a lot smoother and nicer (IMHO), it has nifty face recognition, links nicely with Picasa, and it has a reasonable (though simple) permissions system. If space is an issue upgrades on space are *very* cheap (Google just lowered the prices):
# 20 GB - $5/yr
# 80 GB - $20/yr
# 200 GB - $50/yr
# 400 GB - $100/yr

Not too bad at all.

If you're willing to pay and want something more fully featured with probably the nicest gallery presentation around, check out SmugMug. Its categorization system is a little wonky, though it does include arbitrary tagging capability. Beyond that I'm very happy with it. Non-profits get a free "Pro" account, which is very nice. I only hesitate to ever recommend it because it's not free and there are many other free options. But the features are pretty nice IMO...

- Oshyan

app103:
There is also Webshots, Snapfish, Fotki, and Photo.net.

And don't forget about Dropbox. It does have a built in gallery for photos that is as easy to use as copying your pics to a certain folder on your hard drive. (use my referral link to get extra space for free)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version