ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 — first impressions

<< < (17/18) > >>

J-Mac:
Not probably - they have already told me that. Though I had to call them and hold a long time to get that tidbit.

Jim

f0dder:
Writing lousy code - a great excuse for charging customers for a new upgrade :-*

Carol Haynes:
It is the standard approach of ACDSystems - if you report bugs they will always 'be fixed in the next version'.

Innuendo:
It is the standard approach of ACDSystems - if you report bugs they will always 'be fixed in the next version'.-Carol Haynes (December 15, 2009, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Was just getting ready to post that. This has been their policy ever since the beginning. Although during the v4-v7 stretch they were particularly bad about it. It took an act of God to get a vX.01 release.

J-Mac:
My first purchase was, I think, ACDSee 7. I had registration/activation problems and couldn't reach their support. Eventually after much difficulty I managed to reach someone on the phone - it took finding an employee and getting an internal number from him. Their excuse for no support response? While the company is located in Canada, their server with support info was in Miami, FL and they claimed a hurricane had knocked out their server there. (However I lived in Miami for 8 years and still have a lot of friends there - no such damaging hurricane during that time frame)

They had no support available for almost 7 months after that. I knew I was in for a real treat then.

Thank you.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version