ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Nero 7 issue - Nero Scout really annoying delays!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Black Mamba:
Yes, it supports after burning data verification. And UDF for DVD's, too.

Sentinel:
After much bloat from Nero I switched to Prassi/Traxdata ONES and have never looked back.  The recent upgrade cost from 6.6 to 7.0 of 40 euros was the nail in the coffin.  If you have ever used any of the Seagate/Prassi/Stomp solutions and were happy then ONES in the only way to go!

nevf:
Nero is already too bloated and confusing. Sonic Digital Media  LE (Roxio) which came on my recent Notebook is nothing to get excited about.

I've been using DeepBurner for CD's and it works well, but my requirements are minimal. I did try CDBurnerXP Pro mid last year and didn't much like it either. Can't recall exactly why.

I might give ONES (weird name) a try.

I wrote an article a while back about copying all your Software CD's to ISO Images and then simply mounting these when you need to do a re-install. Saves searching for lots of CD's etc. For those interested see: Software Housekeeping Definitely worth a read.

superboyac:
The only problem I have with Prassi is the somewhat inconvenient way of making a tree structure on the cd/dvd itself.  With nero, you have that explorer-like interface, where you have the folder tree in the left pane and the the files on the right pane, and you can create and move the folders around in both panes as you desire.  In Prassi, there's only one pane, so if you want to create a custom folder heirarchy on that cd that is different than the source on the physical hard drive.  To do this in Prassi, you have to create a new path, but you don't actually see it visually, you just see the path listed there.  Also, you can't see the files inside the folder, it just tells you how many files there are.  I don't know, I just like seeing the heirarchy before I burn.

It's a nice software though.  If they added the heirarchy thing to it with the explorer-like double pane, I'd probably drop Nero like it's hot (or whatever Snoop says).

Carol Haynes:
I have now had a brief look at ONES and CDBurnerXP and they are both useful but neither seem perfect solutions. Perhaps both together ...

CDB is seriously limited by its lack of UDF filing system support, and looking at the forums it doesn't look as though that support is likely any time soon as the libraries used in the project don't support UDF. Even the new version (now due for over a year and still in beta form) will not support UDF which is a great shame.

ONES looks good for copying stuff but doesn't seem very intuitive building your own content.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version