ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 2.08.01 - EARLY BETA with scrolling cap

<< < (8/8)

mouser:
option to have captionbar inside the box is a very good one, i will make that an option.

xdesk interference - that sounds like you've identified the problem; maybe i can contact author and see if anything can be done.  no way to disable the xdesk previewer temporarily i suppose?

Is the algorithm of how the window scrolled in the library package or do you actually initiate the scrolling. It just doesn't seem to be very efficient.
--- End quote ---
this is all done by my code but it's quite necesary.  there is no simple way to capture scrolling windows - what has to be done is one has to mark up the image and then send scrolling commands and then look for your marks in the new window, to see where you marks has moved.  snagit uses a much more subtle marker - you can probably notice some dots on your window if you look closely while snagit scrolls.  i may try to use more subtle marks in the future after we know everything else is working right.  maybe i should call it epileptic capture mode until then?

Carol Haynes:
option to have captionbar inside the box is a very good one, i will make that an option.
-mouser (January 14, 2006, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's great - thanks

xdesk interference - that sounds like you've identified the problem; maybe i can contact author and see if anything can be done.  no way to disable the xdesk previewer temporarily i suppose?

--- End quote ---
I have disabled QuickView altogether (it is the part of the app that shows thumbnails of the active desktops) and can live without it for the moment.

For some reason the redbox capture must be issuing a Win+Q key stroke in the background to pull up the QuickView windows. Can't think why though.

Is the algorithm of how the window scrolled in the library package or do you actually initiate the scrolling. It just doesn't seem to be very efficient.
--- End quote ---
this is all done by my code but it's quite necesary.  there is no simple way to capture scrolling windows - what has to be done is one has to mark up the image and then send scrolling commands and then look for your marks in the new window, to see where you marks has moved.  snagit uses a much more subtle marker - you can probably notice some dots on your window if you look closely while snagit scrolls.  i may try to use more subtle marks in the future after we know everything else is working right.  maybe i should call it epileptic capture mode until then?

--- End quote ---
I can see why you would need to do that but I tried a capture of this webpage and it took over 15 seconds to complete and scrolled the window about 4 times plus a lot of intermittent flashing where the page didn't seem to move ???

mouser:
but I tried a capture of this webpage and it took over 15 seconds to complete and scrolled the window about 4 times plus a lot of intermittent flashing where the page didn't seem to move ???
--- End quote ---

good point - i may be overly cautious about leaving enough time for things to take effect.  after we get more experience with this new feature perhaps i can speed it up or offer some options.

mouser:
just a note; on a test i just ran capturing this page, horizontal and vertical scroll needed,
screenshot captor took 13 seconds, snagit 21 seconds.

a test which involved no horizontal scrolling had this reversed.
with screenshot captor taking 20 seconds and seeming to get stuck temporarily at bottom, and snagit taking only 12.
another test had sc doing it in 11 seconds.  i think the first time an animation on the page confused it - i might be able to tweak that so it's not fooled by such stuff.

Carol Haynes:
Yes I got 13s for Snagit - but without the pyrotechnics ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version