ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 2.08.01 - EARLY BETA with scrolling cap

<< < (7/8) > >>

mouser:
yep - mozilla is doing something different.. i'm working on it.  thank you with the report.
carol what mode did you use to scroll firefox with snagit?

if there is interest i will make a tiny little minicap program available as a standalone tool.

Carol Haynes:
I used "Autoscroll Window" and pointed to the content area of the TAB pane. You have to be careful where you point though because pages with tables (like SMF forums) can easily capture just parts of the page.

mouser:
uploaded minor new version (2.09.10) which can now scrolling capture mozilla (make sure you are not in an edit box when you engage the shift+ctrl scroll capture or it wont work).

therube:
Working like a charm with Mozilla/SeaMonkey.
Thanks.

As far as MiniCap, I think something smaller would be great to be able to carry around on a pen drive.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks that works fine in Mozilla now.

A couple of further thoughts:

Strange behaviour with XDesk persists though. Is it possible to contact the author of XDesk to see where the conflict may lie. What happens is that when you initiate a scrolling capture (shift + rt. ctrl) the XDesk preview of the multiple desktops pops up from the system tray and interferes with the capture. The results are unpredictable including an occasional good capture, a black screen capture (just a black block) to a partial capture with repeats of a section going off to the right.

Is the algorithm of how the window scrolled in the library package or do you actually initiate the scrolling. It just doesn't seem to be very efficient. For example a screen requiring a single down scroll (ie. effectively a Page Down) flickers and flashes like mad, and pages that are larger in both x and y directions than the screen area seem to take quite a log time to render. It's not actually a problem as it works but it is a little disconcerting to see the page flipping about and blanking out like its on speed for 15-20 seconds.

The Red tooltip at the top of the redbox - I mentioned this before but I don't know if you saw it ... would it be possible to have that appear inside the rectangle so that it is visible when the item to capture is filling the whole screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version