ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Text editor with filtering of lines

<< < (6/7) > >>

Shades:
The plugin TextFX from Notepad++ handles this as well. And has already done this for years.

EmEditor excels at reading big text files, all other (Windows) text editors could learn from that. 

TaoPhoenix:
The plugin TextFX from Notepad++ handles this as well. And has already done this for years.
-Shades (November 02, 2014, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hadn't known that some of these processors had plugins at all! Except browsers, very few programs make me think "what plugins are there" ?

There's a few for Libre and/or Open Office, but they always struck me as rather obscure and not too useful for my uses. It makes sense, but I wouldn't have thought about plugins at all for Notepad++ at all!

Thanks Shades!
---> Shades  8)

x16wda:
Thanks Shades!

However, when those lines get hidden using TextFX Viz, I don't get the little markers in the margin if I want to see one portion of what was hidden. If I hide the lines manually, the markers show up and work as expected.

Nod5:
Wow! Lines filtering based on keywords/phrase is a really useful feature.  :Thmbsup:

I already use the features line bookmarks and code folding in text editors. But lines filtering complements those other two features. I wish both line bookmarks and lines filtering were available everywhere - not just in text editors! In web browser, pdf readers, word processors and so on.

michaelquill:
This does real time search (but not editing in the 'lite' free version)
depeche view lite

Work around ? <Cntl><Shift><C> will copy filtered text to clipboard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version