ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"New image organizer feedback wanted"

<< < (2/10) > >>

StCroixSkipper:
As promised, here are some screen shots of the application in use.

This is what you see when the application starts. You can see the folder icons used to indicate there are picture, music or video files in the folder.  The folder icons that show combinations of files are composites of these three.
[attach=#1][/attach]

If you select a folder, thumbnails of the images in the folder are displayed in the left pane. In order to save memory, I only decode the bits needed to display the thumbnails.  I don't use the thumb.db files because it makes the 'mouse flyover' display of the larger image performance unpredictable.  I also don't use the thumbnails generated by the camera since the thumbnail might not be present and the quality of the thumbnail is unpredictable.  I create my own thumbnail using only the pixel I need to display a quality thumbnail using the minimum of memory.
[attach=#2][/attach]

You can modify the size of the thumbnails to see more or less detail in the images.
[attach=#3][/attach]
[attach=#4][/attach]

If you position the mouse over a thumbnail, I show a much larger image in a popup window.  I don't just enlarge the thumbnail, I re-decode the image to present a quality picture in the space provided. I display some but not all of the metadata available with the photo.
[attach=#5][/attach]

If you double click on a thumbnail image, you see a fullsize image in the left pane along with all of the image's metadata.  I only support the "Title", "DateTaken", "Keywords", "Author", "Subject", "Rating", "Comment", "Copyright" and "Camera Model" metadata fields.  I could get it all but these are the ones I use.  
[attach=#6][/attach]

You can either click on the metadata field to edit it or simply place the mouse over the text of the metadata field and start typing.  I position the cursor at the end of the text.  Keywords are separated by commas or semicolons (commas seem to be easier to type for me.)  These text field support 'undo' or control-z, double click select a single word, control-a selects all of the text, etc.  When the mouse moves off the metadata field or you hit carriage return or tab, I check to see if the text has changed.  If it has, I submit the image file to a background thread to update the metadata with the changes you've made.
[attach=#7][/attach]

StCroixSkipper:
I got a lot of hits when I googled EventType clr20r3.  Most of the solutions appear to be installing the correct version of .Net.

here is one I found...
This message appears when attempting to install TurboTax:

TurboTax installer has encountered a problem and needs to close
EventType: clr20r3

The event type code might vary slightly, for example clr20r3t1.

A similar message with this error code can also occur when starting (opening) TurboTax.

Solution
This may be caused by damaged .NET files.

To resolve this, try repairing and/or reinstalling the .NET Framework.

I haven't written an installer for this app yet which would compare the level of .Net installed with that required and take you to the website to download and install the correct version.  It's easy to do but I change the code so frequently, I hate to 'uninstall' and then 're-install' each time.  If that would make things easier, I'll do it.

JavaJones:
I think this has a lot of potential and I'm glad you decided to share it with us. My one question is, given its evidently very personal nature (e.g. "I only show these metatags because they are what I use), are you really wanting feedback like "I use other tags, can you add them?" and if not, what kind of feedback are you looking for? Forgive me if the answer to this is implicit in your posting this and asking for feedback from an open community (e.g. you want any and all feedback). I just wanted to make sure I didn't evaluate it from an unrealistic standpoint.

That question aside, I think this presents some interesting ideas, and I'd love to see it evolve further. So if you're interested in evolving this app into something of general use for many, I think there is a real possibility of this becoming great.

- Oshyan

StCroixSkipper:
As you probably know, there are many other metadata fields and even several strategies for metadata.  I'm using the easiest fields to access now.  But I've accessed all the EXIF fields before and have code that allows me to display those defined and to update them. 

To answer your questions, I'm interested in any and all feedback.  If there are other fields that are popular, that you want to see feel free to suggest I support them.  If there are enough requests, I'll add them in.  But when you suggest them, I'd also like some context.  For instance, "I'd like to see the Lat/Long of an image that is recorded by my new digital camera.  Well, I'd like to know if you are an hobbyist or professional or semi-professional photographer and how you use this information. 

I'm a hobbyist.  I'd like to see the camera settings for some images especially the bad ones.

Also, as you've seen in the replies to this subject, the fact that it works on my machine(s) doesn't mean it will work out of the box on yours.  I'd like to know any and all of the problems you experience.

rgdot:
I have .NET 3.5 installed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version