ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"New image organizer feedback wanted"

<< < (10/10)

grapeshot:
This looks like just the ticket for me.  Among my computers I also have a Mac, with the much vaunted iPhoto.  I loathe that software and find it to be way too bloated for my needs.  (Even thinking about firing it on just to do a quick run through to find a photo from, say, two years ago gives me the heebie jeebies.)  I have been afraid to try other picture organizers because I'm afraid they'll be just as bloated.  Like 40hz, I keep my files on my computers fairly well organized, so finding a specific photo on my Windows machines isn't usually a lot of trouble.  (It's a lot more troublesome for me on my Mac, and I've nearly abandoned using it for any kind of photo storage.) 

My primary computer is an XP machine, and I hesitate to install Windows Search, which sounds like a whole lotta trouble for something that I don't really need, but I've installed the non-search version and have started trying it out.  So far I like it.  (Like 40hz, I use Everything as a fallback on those occasions when I can't find something.)

I have a dumb question, though.  Would it work on Vista?

StCroixSkipper:
I developed it on Vista.  It runs on both Vista and Windows 7.

I plan to make some more changes over the holidays.

For instance, I'm going to allow you to drag and drop photos in the preview pane so you can use it like the old 35mm light table sorter.  I'm thinking that if you move pictures around, I'll add a sequence number to the metadata so you can sort on the sequence number or the DateTaken.

StCroixSkipper:
I've added a help section and expose links to GIMP, GIMP Tutorials, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version