ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Second Taskbar On Single Monitor

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
I never saw the justification for the cachet Ubuntu got from the start. I tried it because of all the hoopla.  I didn't see anything unusual.  To me Mandrake 9.1, now Mandriva, one-disc install kicks ass if you have broadband.

As I said, the uninstall mechanism was less than impressive.  I've multi-booted systems with MsDos, Windows 3.1, OS/2 and Redhat Linux all on the same boot manager.  There's often a bit more to it than deleting the partition to take things off in an orderly fashion.

Seems like the Linux bandwagon is foundering.  I haven't seen anything to make Redmond tremble.  It's nice that it's free and once the kernel got to 2.x it was rock solid, esp. if you had a UPS and a journaling file system, but I think the necessity to support Windows apps to get users to adopt it is going to be the Trojan Horse that promotes stagnation.

btw when I started messing around with Linux you didn't just pop in an install CD and come up to a window manager.  The install brought you to a command line and give you 6 virtual terminals.  You had to configure X yourself and launch it after booting to the command line with the 'startx' command.  I had it running Slackware with 1.x kernels and XWindows on a 486 with only 16 MB of main system memory.  My graphics card had 1 MB dedicated video ram.  Stuff just didn't come up on boot.  You had to configure the scripts by hand and mess with it until you got it to work.

pjax:
hey letmein

can you share your rainmeter skin you used to achieve the two sidebars?

I want almost exactly what you did

two taskbars, one on the left and one on the right (i hate widescreens)

I wanted the same windows taskswitching capability of a real taskbar, but that's not possible

so I decided I wanted a taskbar with stuff like Gmail notifications, a scratch pad, system performance. i also like to have the clock on the right side dock

any help?

Uriel:
i use a hot key and i open the "start menu" when i want and where i want....
using :http://www.chrisnsoft.com/download/
openstartmenu.exe

no resident, no memory loss....
(i use strokeit a mouse gesture , very very small but do all where i want)
so no bars and not memory consume)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version